Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 September 2018

A Walk Round Manning's Pit.

After a dreary grey morning there was a dramatic change in the weather. As soon as Peter returned from town, where he had gone as usual without his house key, I was off out to stretch my legs on a walk around Manning's Pit. I made a diversion to the first bridge over the stream but there was no sign of the bright blue dragonflies.
I walked along the stream with its shallow pools and some even deep enough for children to swim. The first indication of fish in the river was a plop and widening ripples as a fly was plucked from the surface of the water. A little further up I spotted several foot long trout lazing in one of the pools.
I walked around the edge of the field enjoying the feel of the long grass underfoot and listening to the sounds of the birds while trying to blot out the sound of traffic on the nearby busy roads. I even nibbled on a few of the many ripe blackberries growing in the hedgerows. 
There's a new lot of heifers grazing in the field. Larger and less pretty than the last group.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Looks like such a nice place to walk. Love listening to running water when I walk.

Harriet said...

A lovely walk, Ruta. Thenks for the lovely photos!