Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 September 2018

Showers.

It's been a day of sunny spells and heavy showers. One squall was so intense the tall acers fell over - again. They're now weighed down with the concrete dragon and a granite boulder which should keep them from falling over. I had an appointment with the physiotherapist at the hospital this afternoon. Normally I walk, it takes about 25 minutes, but today Peter gave me a lift as he was going out to meet a friend. I like to wear shorts for any physiotherapy but today I also had a rain jacket and a large umbrella for the walk home so naturally it was bright sunshine all the way. I didn't take my camera with me so here are some photos from yesterday.
The physiotherapist noticed an increase in strength of the knee muscles so I'm to keep up with the knee exercises. I also got her to check out my back which hasn't been too good recently. Apparently I'm doing all the right things to maintain my forward flexibility and she has given me an exercise to work on my backwards flexibility which is poor due to my back surgeries.
For the rest of the afternoon I crawled about in the loft trying to locate a box of Peter's books. I eventually found it but apparently there are still about 20 books missing. It's quite hard on the knees and back up in the loft so I'm not rushing to get up there again.
In between showers I did some more cutting back of one of the hydrangea bushes in the front garden. At the garden centre yesterday they had the most gorgeous hydrangeas with deep blue, royal purple and red flowers. No space here for them but the couple behind me at the checkout had one of each colour. 
The largest of the ball shaped cacti was about 18 inches high. 

 The two little succulents that now sit on the kitchen windowsill.
After a fairly wet afternoon yesterday the setting sun suddenly burst through like a beacon. It's doing more or less the same thing now with the sun still high in the sky.

No comments: