Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 27 September 2018

Glorious.

It was such a beautiful day what else could we do but head out to the coast? The sun has been shining all day long with official temperatures up to 25C/77F. Walking along one arm  was almost burning in the sun while the shade chilled the other. 
Out to sea a cloud bank had formed over the deeper waters. 


Although there were only two seals to be seen sunning themselves on the rocks more numerous were the number of ships and boats (I get told off if I call them all boats). At one point I counted 13 ranging from a couple of gigantic ro-ro (car transporters) and a container ship with massive cranes on the horizon to tourist trip boats one of which was a rib (inflatable) with just five passengers. While there may not have been many seals they might have had more luck and spotted some of the dolphins that tend to be further out.
We took coffee and the remains of the weekend cake with us which we enjoyed at our usual bench. This time we got a two hour parking ticket so there was no ned to rush unlike last time. 

After a refreshing walk we returned home. The washing was hung out to dry while I made more chocolate and peanut cookies. I say they are for Peter but that doesn't mean I don't indulge as well. I need to buy a new set of scales. Either my current ones are broken or I've lost 3 stone overnight. I put in a new battery not so long ago so that can't be the fault and two of the adjustable feet have broken off and need to be carefully positioned. When I'm dieting I weigh myself every day (it works for me) so I think I've had my money's worth from them.
After doing the ironing I made the most of the evening light and finished off the weeding in the front garden. On clear days like today the setting sun turns into a sphere of molten gold bathing the front of the house with its golden light. It's due to turn colder tomorrow so I picked most of the nearly ripe tomatoes as I don't know what effect a frost would have on them.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Thank you for the 'walk', Ruta. Your photos are lovely!