Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 September 2018

'Dashing away with the bucket and cloth.'

A greyish day to begin which ended in rain. Today I decided to do some extra cleaning in the kitchen. I began with the window sill which led to the kitchen windows and then to the sliding doors into the conservatory. Each time I thought I'd almost finished I'd see another bit to do. It seemed silly not to do the kitchen door glass and the glass in the porch and sitting room doors and then I couldn't not wipe down all the dusty areas in the sitting room and clean all the mirrors. I ended up doing quite a lot but it is satisfying to have everything sparkling and the glass invisible. At least once in a while.
I spent the rest of the afternoon house hunting on the internet. 
Today's photos are some of the things that are on the window sill. 
 Home grown tomatoes.

 An accidentally pruned hydrangea flower.
Some Buddleia blooms with the last of the flowers from my lovely bouquets.  
You know summer is well and truly over when Strictly returns to the screen. It's a bit tedious with all the hype but somehow we still have to watch. The dancing starts in two weeks and then we'll become armchair dancing experts once more.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh your tomatoes look perfect!!
We had a family come look at our house for sale today. Haven't heard back yet. Said a few prayers and keeping fingers crossed too. : )