Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Warm.

A cooler, overcast morning followed by a warmer and sunnier afternoon. Once again I did little more than the usual round of exercises and housework. I did spend time on the search for a home by the sea but found nothing worth putting into the 'possible houses' folder. Glancing out of the window I could see a plume of smoke coming from somewhere around Fremington Quay. Probably someone burning old wood or other rubbish. There has been a large crane there for the last few days, either on the land or on a boat. 
Peter took the car to the garage today as I was fretting about a new 'noise' I could hear the last time I drove the car with as usual the windows down. Apparently it was just something rattling a bit and our lovely garage man fixed it for no charge.
With the start of the new school term this week tonight I went off for my Pilates class. Some new faces and not all of the old returning but I find that for most of the time my attention is on our teacher or I may even have my eyes closed. Our teacher promised us a gentle session, hah! Still after an hour of pretzeling (as Peter calls it) and much sweating I came away with a feeling of achieving more than I thought I was capable of. Right near the end my back twinged a bit so I eased up a bit so as not to cause any damage. 
After returning home I was watering the garden to the sound of church bells. Unusually it was a single bell tolling which went on for a long time instead of the usual bell ringing practice. That had me rushing to check if somebody prominent had died but there was nothing on line. Maybe I'll hear something tomorrow at choir.

1 comment: