Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 September 2018

Warm.

It's official, It's been England's hottest summer since records began. Mind you that's only since 1910. While not so hot as yesterday today was mild with plenty of blue skies and by the end of the day the sky was bathed in shades of purple, pink and orange. That makes me even more determined to make sure we get the sun setting over the sea when we move to our next home. 
My day began with a phone call from the hospital postponing today's physiotherapy session until the end of next week.
Following my success with the round table I did the same with the small coffee table we are using at the moment. With the top sanded and waxed it looks much smarter. I didn't bother with the legs as they have a dark stain giving an authentic 'distressed' look. 
I had been saving a large framed poster to go up on the sitting room wall but once I'd slid it out of its protective  wrapping I changed my mind. Back in its bubble wrap the poster is now up in the loft.
I found this speckled bush cricket on the outside of the conservatory. I don't think I've ever seen one before. 
Spot the odd one out. It's the middle one which I bought the other day assuming it was a body spray/ deodorant. It was only today that I saw it is in fact dry shampoo! It does have a nice smell though.
A very muted version of tonight's magnificent sunset.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Great job on the table. Love the natural wood.