Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 September 2018

Windy.

Another warm and windy day, perfect for drying the washing on the line. My day was mainly spent on housework and admin. Today I tried a different biscuit recipe. We didn't have any eggs so I flicked through a cookery book until I found a recipe for which I had the ingredients. It was for peanut oat biscuits which turned out to be a cross between a flapjack and a peanut biscuit and more or less bite sized. The only change I made was to not bother with the icing and chopped peanuts. Didn't have any chopped peanuts and Peter doesn't like really sweet things. 
Patch may be an elderly cat with arthritis and a heart murmur but he's boss when it comes to licking the butter paper. 
I did some mending of Peter's old cargo trousers this evening. I had said that they should go in the bin but gave in and sewed a patch behind another split. We'll leave the wearing of torn/holed trousers to the youngsters. That's a fashion I really can't take to.

No comments: