Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 September 2018

Breezy.

Although it was colder today it was a lot brighter.  I did some gardening in the afternoon. The over 10 ft. high Buddleia bush in the garden makes a good screen and is still full of flowers which attract the bees and a few butterflies. It will need cutting back eventually and to make a start I cut back the branches overhanging our neighbour's front door.
This week Peter put up some shelves in his study freeing up this revolving book case. He took it to two charity shops but neither wanted it. Before taking it to the dump I put it up on our local freecycle FB group. Several people showed an interest and a lady came for it this evening. Much better than just throwing it away. 
I had a letter to put in the post box this afternoon and took some photos of the older buildings on the way. 

Turning towards our more modern estate I always enjoy seeing the fields up on the hill. The caravan is outside the first house we looked at on the estate but I much prefer being completely off the road. Also we have a better view across the estuary.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice when you can something away that another can use. Like you say, much better than just throwing it away.