Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 September 2018

Wet.

All change with the weather today, a truly autumnal wet day. It was bright and sunny to begin with but all too soon a weather front dark with rain clouds moved in. I woke very early and had my exercises done by 7.30. The aches and pains after Tuesday's Pilates kicked in today which was not unexpected but a bit disappointing as I had hoped my daily exercises would have kept me a bit more flexible. Maybe it was just because I pushed myself to my limits at Pilates.  
Peter went out rowing this afternoon and as they were the only crew going out they had to prepare the gig, push it round town to the slipway and then after their row reverse the process. 
I thought I'd spend the day researching into the locations of all the houses I've found that look promising. My top two houses which were right next to west facing beaches have now been ruled out because they are too close to the coast. One house was on a two mile long sandy beach with mountains behind. Unfortunately a look on line revealed that the shingle ridge/path/sand dune man made defence will stop being maintained in 40 years time so that eventually the sea will break through and flood most of the village. We won't be around then but if at any time we needed to sell the property it would be almost worthless. The other house has a grassy field between it and the beach but the edge of the field is a low clay drop to the beach which is being gradually eroded away, who knows at what rate? Back to my searches.
One of the songs we began learning last night was Crossing the Bar, words by Tennyson. This version is a little slower and more melancholic than we are doing but very beautiful.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I listened to the whole song and it was just beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful has no need for musical instruments. Thanks for the link.