Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 September 2018

Sunny.

I walked into town this afternoon. It was sunny enough that shorts teamed with flip-flops were good enough for me. It was cooler under the many clouds and decidedly cold when I wasn't sheltered from the northerly wind but I prefer to be a little cold at times to getting too hot.
On the High Street the pan pipe players were tootling away. They've been coming here for as long as I can remember. 
Friday is Farmers' Market day in the Pannier market. It wasn't crowded as the stalls begin packing up quite early.
I had gone specifically to buy some wallflowers from the stall above. I also bought two trays of winter violas, bright yellow and purple ones this time.  

There are a number of stalls selling produce made or grown by local farmers as well as more commercial traders. There were tweed jackets and caps to tempt the well dressed farmer and overalls for everyday wear.

 Evidence that Christmas is on its way.
It was even sunnier when I got home so we sat outside enjoying the heat and a welcome cup of tea. 

From yesterday - Fluffy Cat lurking beside the rose bush looking annoyed that the newcomers are still here in 'his' garden.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Wonderful photos, Ruta, thank you. I think 'fluffy' is annoyed and that's interesting.