Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 September 2018

Cold.

A distinctly chilly day with a little rain and a bit more sun. I decided it was time to take down the tomato plants. So now I have a tray of green tomatoes hopefully ripening in the conservatory. If I grow tomatoes next year I shan't bother with the Alicante but stick to cherry tomatoes as they were so very tasty.
That corner of the garden looks very different now that the tomatoes have been replaced with wallflowers. I've got a bag of old tomato plants ready for the dump and will call in at BJ's for some violas to put in the wall planter. 
The cheery yellow and purple violas also got planted out. The containers are scruffy but won't be seen once they replace the trailing geraniums in the wooden planter.
As I don't need the large dog crate I bought to give the cats an outdoor run when we first moved I advertised it on a local FB for sale group. This morning a chap came and bought it for a new puppy he will be taking to work in his van along with another dog. He was pleased with the crate, there's some extra space outside and I've got some cash to buy more plants.
I've got so fed up with feeling I'm not achieving very much that I decided to go back to making a list. Not a daily one with all the regular routine jobs but a list of all the things I've started in my mind but not actually found time for. By the time I had written my list there were 15 items on it. No wonder I've been feeling so disorganised. However I used the device any seasoned list maker knows, the first item was - Make a List. Simply being able to cross that off the list gives a boost and an incentive to get something else done. I've already crossed another 2 things off one of which was to make an updated birthday list which is now pinned up on my noticeboard. I had one before but it was mislaid in the move. I know roughly which month significant birthdays are but often find I have little time to send a card and organise a present. Hopefully now I'll be better organised. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I, too, use a list. The satisfaction of crossing off something makes me smile!