Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Wet.

It has rained for most of the day. It had stopped as I set off for Pilates this evening but within minutes a heavy drizzle had returned. As Peter had cleared all the clutter from his study floor once he'd put the shelves up the grubby state of his carpet was all too noticeable. They look like footprints to me.
While he was out taking the camper to have something to do with the gears checked I switched the Vax over to washing mode and gave the carpet a thorough clean. It's not perfect but a vast improvement on how it was. Being in a cleaning mode once the carpet was done I cleaned all the different parts of the Vax. The only thing I don't like about the Vax is that it is hard to dry out the inside of the flexible hose but if it is still damp when I use it for hoovering there's a nasty smell of damp dust. Really I should keep an eye out for a spare hose on the local FB groups or even down at the dump. For the moment the hose is hanging up in the conservatory. I wonder if I just run the motor without picking up any dust will the flow of air along the hose dry it out? I'll try that tomorrow or even resort to my hairdryer. 
Pilates didn't seem quite as strenuous tonight. It took until today for my hamstrings and calf muscles to stop aching and touch wood, my back didn't feel too bad today either. I do hold back from some of the exercises that put a strain on my back and I only did the first steps of a twisting move going from a side plank on one side to the same on the other side as I thought I'd play safe.  


2 comments:

happyone said...

Wow that a difference in the before and after picture of the rug.
Like the raindrops on the flower.

Harriet said...

Good job on your carpet.