Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 May 2019

Cloudy.


It has been a cloudy day even looking like rain in the morning but by the afternoon there were spells of sunshine which felt very warm. My main job of the day was to begin clearing the celandines from the front garden flower beds. They were lovely when in flower but now they are swamping the small campanulas and indeed everything low growing. On reflection it probably wasn't the best idea to keep them as they form a large number of small tubers each of which can produce a new plant. I did my best to scoop up as many of them as I could but no doubt plenty more celandines will pop up. I got about halfway before I decided my back had had enough. Out in the back garden I was annoyed to see that slugs had munched their way through the morning glory seedlings I had planted out. Luckily I only had planted half of them so the next lot will get a sprinkling of slug pellets.
There was plenty of chatting at the start of choir tonight as we all caught up after a break of four weeks. I even found that my voice struggled with the amount I talked as I spend my days in relative solitude. We didn't sing the dreaded seaweed song and instead started to learn Pokarekare Ana. Lovely harmonies but as the tune was familiar it was hard to stick with the harmonies. However when we did begin to sing our parts correctly it sounded wonderful.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I sure did enjoy the singing. Beautiful!! They looked like they really were enjoying singing!! Love singing without music.