Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 11 May 2019

Windy.

It's been a good drying day with plenty of wind and sun. I'm gradually sorting through the things stored in the garage and while the washing machine was doing its thing I hung some crocheted throws on the line to air. Once I've fixed a couple of holes nibbled by the wood mice at Dingles I'll pass them on as I don't think we'll need them. The large squares are made from mohair scarves brought at jumble sales many years ago. I've always enjoyed trying to make lovely things from recycled items. Later I went up in the loft to see if there's anything more to give away, a brand new adult 'wolf' onesie and a reindeer hoodie bought as fun presents are now in the give away pile.
I also drove into town for some shopping and got stuck in a Saturday traffic jam for a while. Yet again my magpie mind saw something fluffy, these flip-flop style slippers which were highly reduced so I bought them. 
Peter had an interesting chat with somebody from the Borth Rowing Club. They row Celtic long boats which are fatter than gigs but I presume the rowing is much the same. Apparently the club is moving from its premises in Ynyslas 2 miles down the beach to ...... the lifeboat station in Borth which is about 500 yards from the bungalow. It's a smaller club than the gig club but they are in need of coxes. Peter did the cox training for gigs so it shouldn't be to hard to adapt and being the cox is a great alternative for the times when his arthritis makes rowing too painful.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Those slippers look nice and warm and cozy.
That is great that the rowing club is so close for Peter.