Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 May 2019

Windy.

A cold strong wind has been blowing from the north making the day quite cool even in the sunny morning. I went off to do some shopping and at one point the clouds darkened as if we were due a downpour but the most we got were a few spits of rain.
In the afternoon we sorted out more items in the garage to offer for free and despite Peter's misgivings I had people asking for them almost straight away. Going to new homes are assortments of pliers, wrenches and outdoor tools, a fork, spade, pickaxe and a well used (by me) log splitting axe. They're being collected tomorrow morning and maybe the person will also take an old mattock that didn't get any takers. These were the tools that symbolised my outdoor activities, gardening and clearing ground. Luckily I won't have to attempt these any more in my less able dotage.

No comments: