Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 May 2019

Wet.

A miserable cold, wet day today though it did mean I didn't have to water the garden. My jacket got soaked just going over to the garage with a lady who was picking up more tools, large wrenches this time.
I had to collect our prescriptions from town so waited until it got a bit drier in the afternoon. The best way to stave off the rain was to wear wellies and carry an umbrella according to popular myths and it worked for me. At least when I got to the chemist they had most of our medicines ready (Peter had rung them first to check), just missing one for me but I still have plenty of that left. I didn't have much shopping on my list but when I went into Wilko's for some shampoo I found these silver gift boxes at half price. I'd seen them at Christmas and thought they would be perfect for my home made truffles but never got round to buying any. 
Peter cooked a Chinese style stir fry this evening and I indulged in one prawn toast, so delicious but so full of calories and several spring rolls to go with my salad followed by fresh mango. A three course feast.

No comments: