Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 May 2019

Mostly Wet.

Lots of rain today. Not that serious at first but constant then heavy and soaking. I finally got around to sorting out the big cupboard in my study. I'm trying to get everything 'move ready' so that things are either in or ready to put in boxes when the big day comes. I was able to put a few more things on the free FB page. A box of computer cables was picked up today and the lad also took a second box of cables that I'd come across.
In the afternoon I curled up on the sofa and did more darning of the large crochet/mohair throw. To finish off and do a good job I still need to climb back up into the loft to find more matching wool in big box of wool. 
One of our new neighbours in Borth sent me this photo of the garden taken many years ago when the garden was at its best. It would be nice to restore it and make an improved cottage garden style garden but I'm not following that idea as I know my back would not hold out. At least I can see where all the hard landscaping is and I'm already getting ideas for recycling what is there. I thought the soil would be similar to that in Devon as the geology looks to be the same but the pink of the hydrangeas shows that it's not very acid. I'll have to save some old horseshoes and iron to put in the soil around the hydrangeas to turn them blue. The lawn would be too much to maintain and will be replaced with paving and raised planters. There'll still be a 'lawn' in the front, front garden ie. the cliff top which the council mows.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a beautiful view!!!