Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 May 2019

Overcast.

A quick post as we stayed up late (for us) watching the Eurovision Song Contest. At least I watched and Peter slept through most of it. It's a fun spectacle and even though the results don't matter I get caught up in watching the results come in. 
Though overcast today it wasn't too cold. I moved some plants around filling in gaps in the front garden with spare hardy geraniums. I even took a spreading H. geranium which I have renamed The Thug and planted it in a patch of waste ground by the steps that lead to the next road. There it can spread as much as it likes and there'll be pretty purple flowers to brighten up the neighbourhood. For my pains I got stung by stinging nettles all up my leg. Anti-histamine cream works for a bit but they're still tingling.
Early in the evening I went and sang with the choir at the start of the Nightwalk, a ladies only fundraising walk for our local hospice. There were a thousand walkers this year spread over a number of routes and we were positioned at the Barnstaple end. I began looking for familiar faces as the walkers went past then realised that most people who live in Barnstaple would be walking from Bideford to Barnstaple rather than in the other direction. At least it stayed dry though there was a little light rain as I drove back home again.

No comments: