Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 May 2019

More Cheddar Gorge

It's been a sunny day with the rain holding off until I was walking home after Pilates. The new people moved into the corner house. Their van appeared several times so I'm guessing they haven't come far and being younger and fitter than us they did the carrying themselves. 
Peter spent the day on the phone again making sure all the tradespeople are coming when they said they would. He also finalised the electricity supplier, there are so many companies to choose from now. It was a matter of cross referencing prices on the comparison sites with the ratings from Which magazine. He also sweet talked the Welsh rates (yearly buildings tax) dept. into not charging the high second home rate so long as we send photos showing the bungalow is unlived in and undergoing repairs and proof that we have put our Devon home on the market. 
I gave the conservatory framework both inside and out a thorough clean before applying clear sealant to the places which might be letting the rain in. I also planted out the last of the trailing begonias in the hanging basket and nasturtiums in a planter. Pilates tonight was hard going as two days of gentle gardening had not done my back much good. I tried resting and going more slowly but I can already feel my muscles protesting.

I took these photos on my return walk northwards up the gorge and yes it is from this area that Cheddar cheese gets its name.








3 comments:

happyone said...

Such pretty countryside.
Sure hope you have better luck selling your house than we are having. Just not that many people want to move to our neck of the woods.

Harriet said...

Wonderful photos, Ruta, thank you> When you sell your home, lucky will be the new owner!

Ruta M. said...

One of the criteria when we moved from Dingles was that our house should be easy to sell. Pilton is a very popular area; good schools, close to town and countryside and with many historic buildings and we already knew many people. Houses on our estate generally sell quickly and we've upgraded everything that needed doing apart from the kitchen. Keeping our fingers crossed.