Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 May 2019


Yet more sunshine today. It was so nice that I did my afternoon exercise session  outside on the decking before heading out for Pilates. We did more stretching and flexibility work rather than fast paced movements which suited me. 
Apart from getting some washing out on the line I baked a batch of the peanut butter and chocolate cookies. I was talking to Peter as I weighed out the ingredients so put rather more flour in than usual (my hand written recipe has the original and half measures) so I gave it an extra dollop of peanut butter. Also I forgot to get any more vanilla essence so had to leave it out but Peter says they're still delicious. 
Once the cookies were done I went down to the garage to sort out more stuff to give away or throw out. Giving away stuff works well apart from when people say they want something and then don't arrange to come and collect. It's also acceptable to leave things outside your front door in a bag to be collected which is what happened today with a fancy woodworking vice kit. I waited for 2 weeks for the first person to make arrangements, got fed up and offered it to the next person. The page rules make it quite clear that it is up to the donor to decide who gets an item and it doesn't need to be the first person to respond. The garage is beginning to look clearer as I work my way through the boxes.
This afternoon Peter and I went through the electricians summary of the electrical work marking things on a plan of the bungalow. (All the wiring is going to be replaced.) We did walk around the place with the electrician and he marked the walls but he wanted confirmation as he's about to start work. There were some things we really couldn't be precise about. The bathroom, in phase 2 or 3 will be completely stripped out and turned into a wet room and an outside window added so how on earth so we know where the lights will be? Peter spoke to the electrician and I think the plan is to install enough wiring to cover eventualities and make final decisions later on. At least it's good to know work is about to start.

The wallflowers are nearly over so I pulled out most of the ones under the kitchen window and replaced them with cosmos seedlings. That's just about all the seedlings planted out apart from a couple of pots of Black Eyed Susan which may or may not grow.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh the first picture of flowers are gorgeous.
Sometimes here people will put something out in front of their house with a 'for Free'
sign on it.