Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 May 2019

Showers.

It's been a day of sudden heavy showers. I took a chance as I walked into town without a jacket but had my pack-a-mac  in my backpack. A good thing too because as I was about to leave the Green Lanes (shopping centre) the heavens opened. I got a bit wet as I rushed to the butchers' to buy Peter some Cumberland sausages. This butcher makes all his sausages on the premises without all the additives you get in supermarket sausages. I rushed back to Green Lanes to wait out the rain and had a mooch around TK Max instead. Somehow a reduced chocolate brownie fudge Easter Egg made its way into my basket. I might save it for when we begin watching the new series of GOT. Just a few more episodes of series 7 to get through first.
Having offloaded a bag of stuff to the hospice charity shop I can't break myself of the habit of having a quick look around the other charity shops in town. I found this glass trinket box in the air ambulance shop. It was too pretty not to buy it and support a good cause at the same time. I popped into the pound shop but the queue was so long I put my 2 items on a shelf before walking out and going to Wilko instead. There I bought a bucket which I carried home like a handbag with a pound of sausages and some cleaning brushes in. 
The rain held off for my walk home though I did step in a puddle in flip-flops, as I crossed into Pilton Street. My back is still not good after Monday's gardening so I've been backing up photos and finding out about a campsite close to St Ives as we'd like to go down there for a few days soon. I'm realising that remodelling the garden in Borth is not a luxury but a necessity. Having raised flower beds will make it possible for me to garden without bending.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Your weather sounds like ours today!
Did you step in the puddle on purpose? :)

Ruta M. said...

I did not, it was a horrible dirty street puddle.

happyone said...

Doesn't sound like the right kind of puddle at all for stepping in!!! : )