Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 19 May 2019

Sunny.

It has been a bright sunny day with a good drying breeze. I wasn't going to do the washing but then I thought it would be better not to have the bed stripped down if we happen to have more viewings.
I've been putting stuff from the garage on the Free FB page and today the lady who had the old wheelbarrow came along with husband and kiddies for more gardening and building stuff. She'd even asked if I wanted anything for it but I told her I was happy to see it going on to be of use. Nevertheless I was touched when she gave me a box of chocolates anyway.
I tried Speedy again with his harness and took him out to enjoy some sun in the back garden. All was going well until I took my eye off him for a second to pull up some tiny weeds and there he was getting a sneaky lick of his foot. The sores are now smaller than cigarette burns and I certainly don't want to start the whole thing back up again so it was back inside and on with the cone for Speedy.
I spent a couple of sessions out at the front of the garden trimming the two 'blob' bushes and then trimming the lawn edges to keep everything looking neat. I then had anther try at removing the blade from the lawnmower. The current one is so blunt it's not doing a very good job. I found the perfect tool to fit over the nut and with the use of some silicone spray and remembering to turn the nut the 'wrong' way I got it to turn. I turned and turned the nut but although it was going round nothing else seemed to be happening. The manufacturers probably want you to buy a new mower rather than just a blade. There's no point in us buying another mower as I intend to get rid of the grass in the Borth garden eventually.

No comments: