Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 31 May 2019

Sunny.


Sunny and windy again today. At times it felt quite muggy as if thunderstorms were brewing but not a sign of thunder. Right now at 9.00 the sun is setting behind glowing pink and orange clouds. 
I feel I've had a productive day which always boosts my mood. This morning a chap and his wife came and loaded their car up with tools, workbenches and even several trays of handles & other door fittings carefully saved over the last 35 years (our house and my mother's). I was thrilled to have so much stuff continuing to be useful and extra happy that it would be benefitting a whole group of people through the men's shed that is being set up locally. With so much gone and more too, hopefully, I was able to have yet another sort out of the garage and now it is possible to walk down the whole length of it. That also means less to go in the moving van when the time comes.
My next job was to bring up the ladder from the garage and squidge more translucent sealant along one side of the conservatory roof. The last time it rained heavily water was still dripping in at one corner. With luck the rain will now stay out. As I had the ladder set up I washed the roof using soapy water to clean off the winter's growth of algae. I was able to reach most of the roof by using a broom to push the cloth almost to the furthest corners.
Then it was time to throw out the wallflowers from the front garden and replace them with some of the plants I want to take with us. So far I've planted some of the very tall crocosmia and the dicentra. I plan to take the knautia as well but it is just about to flower so I'll wait a while as it probably won't like being dug up.
We managed to get some time sitting outside in the sun and reading chatting. There are plenty of trees around and birdsong filled the air over the background of town traffic. Peter was taking a phone call when the air ambulance helicopter flew overhead making for the hospital then circled round for a second approach, a little on the noisy side!

When we met up with the family at Priddy, Romas and Laura gave Peter several packs of Staffordshire Oatcakes which he is very fond of. He's now using up the second pack which had been in the freezer and I treated myself to one with my usual salad supper. Traditionally they are filled with savoury breakfast or supper items and eaten warm but I just grated some strong Cheddar cheese on top and then microwaved it. Unconventional but very tasty.


1 comment:

happyone said...

You've had a busy day.
I always feel good after a good days work too!