Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 May 2019

Officially Ours.

It's been quite cold with some sun today.
We had a phone call from our solicitor this morning to say we are now legally the owners of Red Roofs in Borth. Excellent! Now that it is our responsibility Peter spent a lot of the day phoning the water company, the local council, insurers and sorting an electricity supplier.  
First thing this morning a removals van was parked up on the grass as the young couple who lived on the corner packed up their belongings. They are moving to be nearer to the husband's work. The new owners didn't move in today but I'm sure it won't be long. On the other side of us the house where the nuisance neighbour lived is being totally redecorated - doors, carpets the lot.
A friend of Peter's came round to look at the front door lock which is sticking and the conservatory outside door which is hard to push.  The issue with the front door is something to do with the hinges needing realigning which couldn't be done today and one of the wheels under the conservatory door is rusted up and needs replacing.
We are meeting friends and family tomorrow so I spent the afternoon making Rocky Road and baking the usual peanut butter and chocolate cookies. I nearly had a disaster with the oven which could have been serious. I turned on the oven to warm it up and didn't realise I had let go of the ignition switch too soon (it's a gas oven). It was only when I bent down to check the temperature gauge that I realised the gas had been on and unlit for some time. I quickly opened up the kitchen windows and the kitchen and front doors to clear out the gas before I tried lighting the oven again.
The same rose again but look how gorgeous it is and beautifully scented too.
PS. My friend got elected as a Ward councillor. Along with 6 others she will represent her ward and the people who live in it and be a bridge between the community and the council. She has lived in the same house all her life and is involved with many community organisations so she was a great choice.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Congratulations!!!
That is a beautiful rose.