Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 30 May 2019

Warm.


The wind changed direction at first bringing warm air and then lots of sun too. That fitted in with my plan to have a sort out of the garage. I moved the car so that I had plenty of room to put things out in front of the garage. A lot including many spare plant pots and gardening equipment was photographed and put up on the free FB page and after double checking with Peter a whole lot of stuff put aside for the chap from the men's woodworking project who is possibly coming tomorrow. I also swept out the centre of the garage and put some more damaged cardboard boxes in the recycling bag for tomorrow's collection. I kept so much d.i.y. stuff because I didn't know what we might need in our new home and because I still try and fool myself that I can still do most jobs albeit a bit slower. I now know that doing everything that I did in past years has consequences if I try the same now. Not that we aren't keeping a basic tool kit including drills and one workmate for small projects. Peter tried to persuade me that we might need the small electric chainsaw which I never used anyway. There isn't anything in the garden that even needs a bow saw, no trees just very overgrown bushes.
After all that work I rewarded myself by getting out the sun loungers  and settling down with a book to wait for Peter to finish his admin and join me. Unfortunately he didn't get too long outside as grey clouds soon filled the sky. I took in the washing, most of which was dry and hung a couple of items up in the conservatory to finish drying there.
Out in the front garden the yellow loosestrife has begun to flower creating yet more colour clashes. Bright yellow, lavender, deep red, pink, white and orange all contribute to the cacophony of colours. I'll just have to pretend to myself that it's all part of a cottage garden plan. Out in the back garden the colours are better positioned, the yellow and orange nasturtiums and orange shades cosmos are in the planter down by the house next to all the pots of different crocosmia with white, pinks and purples in the rest of the garden. That is until the Black eyed Susan grows up the trellis and produces its orange flowers. 

No comments: