Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 March 2020

Chilly.

A windy cold day, lots of sun and the occasional short sharp shower.
It was stormy last night and as I walked to town the local park was more of a water park.
This park lies within a loop of a small tidal river and the lower banks on the park side are designed to empty water into the park. By the time I returned on my way home about half the water had drained away though the seagulls were still swimming on the flooded grass.
My trip to town included a visit to the bank to pay a bill. I also needed to buy a thermometer for our first aid kit. We used to have two but when I checked recently the plain glass one had lost all of the red stuff (alcohol?) and the digital thermometer dated back to when the boys were babies and though numbers would come up it had lost its beep and I'm sure it was past its best. The thermometer shelves looked sparse with mainly the expensive poke-in-the-ear type but I found the last digital thermometer in Boots for £11. The main spaces on the shelves were where gel hand wash, hand soap and over the counter pain killers should have been. One thing we're not short of in this house is a supply of pain killers. I checked out the charity shops and found a couple of storage boxes that match some I already have. I found a nice big mug, blue with stars but I was priced at £3.50 so I put it back. 
My doctor phoned just before 7.00 last night. What a long working day she had. We had a chat and she suggested doubling  one of my tablets and that has done the job. No more waking every hour and a quarter.
I'll give the whole place a hoover tomorrow for the viewing and today the bathroom got a thorough clean. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Interesting about the park flooding!
Guess that park never needs anything watered! :)