Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 7 March 2020

Warm.

It looked quite gloomy and grey this morning with showers forecast but I'm now regretting not having some washing in the machine as it's sunny with a strong but warm wind blowing. 
I've been feeling a bit tired today so the only 'extra' I've done is to finish off the last pair of Hobbit mittens. This time I added ribbing around the cuffs and tops. There was the issue of a missing stitch which I  finally located dropped several rows down. It's an alpaca wool which is beautifully soft but has a tendency to slide off the needles. I think I shall stop knitting mittens for now. It's so satisfying to have some knitting or crochet on the go but I've run out of ideas. Maybe I'll turn into one of those grannies that knits horrible ill fitting jumpers as Christmas presents for the family. One bit of good news today, I did my usual check of which houses are for sale locally and the one overlooking the graveyard is sold. They had dropped the price to lower than ours so I'm not surprised but now there are no other houses of a similar price in this area. 

No comments: