Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 29 March 2020

Colder.

Quite sunny today with bitterly cold north-easterly winds.
This morning I was feeling sorry for myself with a headache, cough and temperature, a low temperature so it's just a cold. I've been coughing and sneezing for months if not years so I wasn't that worried. Yesterday as I stood in the queue for the till I really wanted to cough but realising it would freak everyone out I managed not to.  
Yesterday I bought some reduced raspberries and somehow a pot of double cream ended up in my trolley. Not sure how that happened. Today I thought I'd go in for some baking practice and have another go at a roulade. I scaled down the recipe to a third of the amounts and it still came out as a generous dessert. I didn't want to waste the egg yolks so looked on-line for a suitable recipe. My initial choice was crème brulee but as I began to write down the recipe I realised it was far too ambitious and settled for a simple custard instead.  
The clocks went forward this morning so the day has been a little shorter than usual. 
C-News. As usual it's becoming obvious that the politicians ignored warnings and failed to prepare with ordering equipment and tests in time. Another of their failings has come to light in that as social distancing was introduced and the general public were ordered to keep 6ft apart our Prime Minister was so convinced that guidelines didn't apply to him he was seen sitting close to other members of the cabinet and now he and one other have the virus and two more have self-isolated. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope your feeling better soon. Can see why you wouldn't want to cough while you were out!