Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 26 March 2020

Sunny.

A frosty morning developed into another lovely Spring day.
A perfect day for Spring cleaning. Everybody has been out washing cars, mowing grass, and cleaning out sheds and garages. It was recycling day today and there was an enormous amount of cardboard being got rid of. 
My very early start got the routine things done in good time after which I painted up any spots on the garden walls that needed doing. After painting the whole of the back wall the other day a lot of tiny black specks/flies had stuck to the wet paint. I tried scraping them off but ended up dabbing paint over them blending them into the rough concrete texture. Then I took myself out to the front to tidy up the lawn edges. I do have some long handled edging shears but they're not very sharp even after going over the blades with a whetstone. Instead I resorted to my gardening scissors which gave me the chance to remove some of the worst weeds. I was visited by a little tabby cat that lives a few doors down. She's very sweet even though she or the other neighbourhood cats may be the reason not so many bids are visiting the brid feeders now. Speedy was watching her closely from the open study window and I hoped he wouldn't try and leap out. Bees were buzzing around and a tortoiseshell butterfly was flitting above me as I worked. 
With the back garden looking a lot smarter it was nice to sit out in the warm sun to dry my hair while reading a book with a cup of tea at hand.
C- News. One of the two patients in the hospital has turned out not to have coronavirus and has gone home. It turns out that we cannot drive anywhere to go for a walk. Not even to the moors, beaches or other countryside places. I think that's to avoid any confusion or people using going for a walk as an excuse for being out in a car. The police made this clear on FB posts. Also on FB was a notice that the council has suspended their car parking charges. It is probably better to park in town if we have to go to the bank or Boots than try and avoid being too close to people on the walk down. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Michigan is a hot spot for this virus. We are inside!