Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 March 2020

Mostly Grey.

The morning and most of the rest of the day was grey and often wet. Right now, late afternoon, the sun is breaking through making me feel quite warm and causing me to squint to see the screen. 
It's supposed to be dry tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to stain the top deck without fear of rain. I did go out and check the decking and luckily, considering it was beginning to rain as I finished, it all looks fine. I'll need another tin for the rest of the decking. I got the last tin of that colour off the shelf in B&Q but hopefully they'll get some more soon. I have to say that my back didn't feel too good after yesterday's painting so I'll have to try and pace myself better. This morning I woke before 5.00 and was up doing my exercises at 6.00.
This afternoon I amused myself by looking through all my Borth photos and thought I'd post this sunset from last July. I like the way the kayakers and rowing club members also stopped to watch the sunset. There are a couple of benches up on the clifftop and people often sit there to watch the sun go down over the sea.
The latest corona news - there's now a separate pod/ testing unit up at our local hospital. Up to this morning they had tested 300 people who all came back all clear. The Post Office have posted on FB that if a postman/lady has to knock on your door to hand over a parcel that is too big or needs signing for (we don't have mail boxes in the UK.) they will knock, put the parcel down and stand back 2m which is the 'safe' distance and if needed they will sign the hand held gadget. Advice from on high seems to be changing daily. This morning on the radio they said anyone over 70 or with a pre-existing medical condition should self isolate for 2 months! Not sure how that will work. I'm sure that if we were self-isolating going out for walks on the beach or cliffs would be perfectly safe so long as we didn't come close to other people.

No comments: