Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Sunny.

The sun still shines and it feels like a summer's day. Such a shame that the car park for Saunton beach has been closed. The beach is 3 1/2 miles long so no danger of people getting too close to each other either on the sand or in the water but the company that owns the car park is notoriously tight fisted and I suppose they can't bear the thought of anyone parking for free.
First thing this morning I had a phone call from the hospital cancelling my appointment to have an ECG monitor fitted. Understandable and I'm glad not to be going near any possible source of infection. So far there are two patients in ICU with Covid 19 (can't make up my mind which name to use, Coronavirus is a bit of a mouthful.) Instead I'm waiting for a phone call from my GP to discuss the dosage of one of my medicines.
My 'angry old person ire' was well and truly stirred up this morning listening to Radio 4. They were interviewing the chap who is the Chief Executive of the NHS Confederation, not too sure what that is exactly but I bet he gets a big fat salary and he admitted that he doesn't have any clinical expertise. He first tried to justify why in this country doctors and other staff looking after patients with Covid 19 only need a plastic apron, gloves and a surgical mask for protection when the World Health Authority stipulates full overalls, eye shield and non porous mask. He then went on to say 'people who are asymptomatic generally will not give you the virus' which I felt was extremely dangerous and contradicts everything the experts have been telling us. I went back and checked his exact wording to make sure I hadn't misheard. Then blasted off an email to The Today (news) programme and posted a comment on FB.
That off my chest I got on with using up the last of the stain on the top decking. Some bits are a little orange but I'm not doing any more. Let's face it house viewings aren't going to happen for a long time. I had to hunt around for some washing, the weather was too good to miss, and found some tops and t-shirts which are drying nicely on the line.

2 comments:

lea said...

There are terrible shortages here of vital medical personal protection equipment. In some places nurses and doctors are re-using their N95 masks and even wearing swim and ski goggles for eye protection. My state received only 25% of what it needed from the Federal government, but the big promises are being made!

Harriet said...

Good for you, Ruta, experts that don't say the same thing are useless!