Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 March 2020

Sun and Rain.

Just like yesterday we've had bright sun mixed with showers though today they're only rain. There was a great rainbow this morning which instead of ending at Bradiford went right over the main road to seemingly end in the river but by the time I had got the camera it was gone.
As it was nice and windy I threw some washing into the machine then while it blew dry out on the line I found a few more things to make up another load. The first load dried completely while the second had to be brought in to escape another shower and ironed dry.
An unusual event this morning - we were listening to The Archers when all of a sudden a bird flying overhead let fly a splat which the wind blew across the window. The first obstacle to cleaning it off was the fact that the key in the top window wouldn't turn. Looking at it I could see the key was bent so off to the tool cupboard I went to bash the key flat with a hammer. Even flattened the key didn't turn but that was because the top window wasn't actually locked. Oops. I then dragged a chair upstairs to stand on and with my arm out in the freezing wind squirted away the mess with soapy water in a spray bottle. A little bit of fun for the day.
Later on I used the same bottle but with bleach in on all the outside paving slabs round the conservatory. Looking up our gutters are horribly black but I think I could clean them with the pressure washer so long as Peter sweeps the water into the open drain before it accumulates under the conservatory. Our yard broom is in Borth and with the small one broken I'll need to buy another one for here first.
Afternoon rainbows happen at the back of the house though this one doesn't show up too well in the photo.

No comments: