Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 6 March 2020

Surprise!

A mix of sun and brief but heavy showers today. I walked into town to meet up with a friend and to collect our prescriptions which amazingly were almost complete. Just one extra item needed for Peter and as I had the correct form in my hand I was able to pick it up a little later. I hadn't talked to my friend for a while so it was really nice to catch up over coffee and for me a slice of delicious chocolate tart at The Lemon Next to the Pie. I did my usual spin around 10 of the town's charity shops and found a new pair of trainers which surprisingly were wide enough for me. It was a bonus that they were considerably cheaper than in a shoe shop and my money would be going to a good cause. Also bought today was a new broom to replace the one that broke and a large grey fleece throw as a spare, both in Wilko's. 

Walking past Padfields, a very expensive furniture shop, I saw this extraordinary lamp. Not my taste at all. (The wooden thing underneath is a separate stool.) The ornamental hares were much nicer.
As I reached the bottom of the High Street ready to make my way home the heavens opened and I thought even with my jacket I'd be soaked by the time I got home. Luckily it stopped suddenly and a close look at the photo below will reveal the rainbow that seemed to end in Pilton Park. (It can just be seen skimming the trees in the centre of the photo. 
I'd made it home, unpacked the shopping and changed into my scruffy shorts when the doorbell rang. Seeing a parcel addressed to our neighbour I called up to Peter that Vanessa was here to collect her parcel. But she wasn't, instead there were two people come to view the house that Peter had forgotten to tell me about when I got home! I do keep the place fairly tidy but it was nothing like the uncluttered house we generally show viewers. But it didn't matter too much because one of the couple, a lady who had come along with her son, knew me immediately from when she would come to the school to collect her grandchildren. We chattered away and while I began by showing them the downstairs, kitchen with coleslaw being made on the counter and the table covered with my unpacked shopping, Peter tidied around upstairs. They loved the views especially from upstairs and everything sounded positive but I got the impression that the son hadn't sold his house yet. I could be wrong and on the plus side he works at the hospital which is walking distance from here.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Hopefully you will have your house sold!!
I need wide shoes too, that's why I love my Keen shoes.
Always nice to catch up with a friend.