Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 March 2020

Windy.

It's been a very windy day and it felt quite warm in the sun as I hung out the washing. I don't think my neighbours' daughter would agree, she flew home from Bali yesterday and is still adjusting to the time and temperature differences.
I've had a bit of a fidgety day in that I've spent most of the day waiting for a phone appointment with my doctor. When I rang yesterday I was told that it would probably be between 11am and 1pm but not necessarily. I expect that I've been moved to after her afternoon surgery, if that makes sense. I'm not annoyed as the doctors work flat out anyway and with the panic due to corona virus no doubt things are even more hectic. It's just a drawback to not having a mobile, I mean I do have a dumb phone but I don't give out the number and rely on the house phone which is usually fine. I grew up without any phone and even now I'm not likely to ring someone for a chat. I do find it a little uncomfortable talking to people when I can't read their faces. Today there was extra pressure in that I'd agreed to collect the sewing machine just before 5pm. Luckily Peter has gone to get it for me instead. The one time the phone did ring it was the estate agent booking a viewing for Saturday morning.
I began looking through last year's photos to pick out some for a photo book. So far I'm not overwhelmed but we did go on some nice walks so I'll continue and decide later. One book I will want to make will be of the restoration of Red Roofs. I think there's a way to go yet. 
Saw this on FB and thought Speedy would agree.
Remember my complaining to Lidl about the deceptive packaging of some Christmas marzipan chocolates? I was satisfied with letting them know what I felt so it was a very nice surprise to get these vouchers as an apology. Might have to stock on more chocolate.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice to know you were listened to and received those vouches! : )
I'm not one for talking on the phone much either!