Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 2 March 2020

Sunny.

Lots of sun and cold winds today. I hung out a load of washing to dry then much later took fright at some very dark clouds and brought the nearly dry washing in. Gosh, what an exciting life I lead.
Continuing on with my amazing feats of housework I washed all the marble tiles. They're very forgiving in that the natural marbling makes it almost impossible to see any marks but eventually they do need a clean. I did find myself scrubbing at some 'stains' only to find they were part of the tile and occasionally I'd discover that part of the pattern was actually a bit of grubbiness. Being down on my knees brought some marks on the lower cupboard doors to my attention and they've now been erased. While the tiles were drying I went outside and scraped up the moss and mud from between the paving slabs around the conservatory. Regarding the gutters on reflection trying to blast the dirt off with the pressure washer might not be the best idea and instead Peter has asked our neighbour for the number of the people that clean her gutters and fascias. They use brushes on long poles which I'm sure will be much more effective.
It's lovely now with the sun pouring in through the windows warming up Speedy fast asleep on the windowsill. I spent some time earlier looking through through some of the Borth photos. I'm now reconciled to the long delay in moving in, not much choice really but I'm happy that my health issues are being investigated. Absolutely not worried about the coronavirus since for a start the mortality rate is very low but what is worrying is the way prevention of the spread of the virus is being handled especially by our govt. How would they handle things if the virus was something like Ebola which has 90% mortality? I listened to somebody on the radio who had arrived back from Italy. In Italy they had their temperature monitored each time they went in and out of their hotel as well as at the airport but when they arrived in the UK at Heathrow airport no checks were made at all. Not very reassuring.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I did the same thing with the laudry today! :)