Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 March 2020

Sunny.

It's been another lovely sunny day. Perfect for drying washing, paint and wood stain.
Peter gave our lawn its first cut of the year then went on to tackle the central grass. Our neighbour borrowed the mower and cut her section as well. Now there is plenty of room for the children to play. Peter bagged and loaded the cuttings straight into the car. However when he got to the dump he found a previously unknown extra long queue of cars waiting to get in. He went and did his supermarket shopping, few shoppers but a lot of empty shelves and tried the dump afterwards but the queue was just as long. He gave up on the dump and will try again tomorrow, earlier this time. I'm not surprised about the dump. Not only is it the time of year that people start working on their gardens but with people being stuck at home lots of sorting out of cupboards, sheds and garages is going on. 
My first job this morning was to scrub the outside painted walls close to the kitchen prior to painting. They looked so good after the cleaning that they don't need painting. However the very back garden wall was very patchy so I gave that a fresh coat. I then used the orange stain to go over the back third of the recycled decking. I'm hoping that as it dries it won't look so orange and I also tried to shade it into the rest of the wood. The last dregs of stain were just enough to tidy up the wooden planters. Peter bought another tin of stain which should be enough for a final coat over the lower decks.
Today on the news there have been a lot of complaints about people going to popular beach/tourist spots forming crowds and not sticking to the 2m spacing between people not from the same household. I looked for some photos but the only UK ones I found seemed to show couples walking at a reasonable distance from other couples.
Vytas phoned last night and we had a lovely long chat. His card arrived today and after putting the envelope in the recycling I gave my hands a good wash singing the reccomended two verses of Happy Birthday.

No comments: