Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 March 2020

Windy.

The day began grey and very wet and after a bright afternoon the rains returned.
By the middle of the day not only was it sunny but the cold northerly wind was blowing fiercely so I threw a couple of towels and a hoody in the machine. That got me a happy afternoon brushing out the fleece lining as it flapped on the line. No doubt adding to my reputation of 'oddness' as I stood there in shorts, very old work fleece and a woolly hat. I don't mind. It was so nice out there that brushing finished I got out some gardening gloves and weeded the pots and planters of the tiny weeds that were already sprouting using an old table fork.
Peter had something to deliver in town so he combined that with some shopping. Mainly the usual fresh vegetables we always get and a few cleaning products that we're getting low on including thin bleach which I use in the kitchen. No bleach to be found and certain other products such as pet food, toilet paper and tinned items low or not there at all.
As so many people are probably going to get corona virus and not be that ill I came up with what I thought was a radical idea, until Peter told me that he and the nurse at the surgery had talked about the very same idea. Instead of people going into self-isolation for two weeks and large gatherings banned resulting in economic chaos with employers going bust and anyone on a zero hours contract going to work anyway thus reducing the chances of the virus fading out, instead all healthy people not at risk of dying from the virus carry on as normal. Take time off when they fall ill as normal and go back to work. Then all the planning and money could go into identifying all people at risk, the elderly and people with certain medical conditions. They could go into home isolation with daily visits to check on their general health, bring them their meals and carry out tests should they be needed. Then once the virus has run its course through the general population hopefully social care could be continued for those who need it. And I bet it would cost the country far less than creating chaos in commercial world. Or is this too simple an idea?

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds good to me. I just keep washing my hands a lot and trying not to touch my face.

So nice to see those spring flowers!!