Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 March 2020

Sunny.

Still sunny and still cold.
After a baking day yesterday today has been a cleaning day. It was one of those days when I didn't make an early start so there wasn't much time once cleaning, exercises and music practice were done but I did get around to cleaning the orchids. There is still evidence of some woolly aphids so each plant was taken out to the front garden, every leaf surface sprayed and any aphids that I could see removed with cotton buds. (Some of the leaves are still speckled with white paint from my painting the walls with a roller.) The insecticide is nasty stuff so I wore a mask and gloves plus glasses.
Dreadful as this pandemic is there may be a few good things that come out of it. This morning I watched neighbours in three different houses standing in their front doors and chatting away. I keep thinking how lucky we are in this close where the small children can play outside in their gardens and even have a run around on the main grass or pedal their bikes and scooters along the path. People now have time to continue with hobbies and once restrictions are lifted may be more appreciative of the local beaches and countryside. Also though it's very difficult or even impossible to get deliveries from the main supermarkets there are so many independent shops offering deliveries that people may get into the habit of supporting local independent shops which would be a good thing.


No comments: