Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Wet.

A stormy day today with lots of rain and plenty of wind.
I get such pleasure looking through my photos that I thought I might make some more photo books, probably one for each year starting with 2019 until I either get fed up or run out of cash. I had a pleasant afternoon writing out a list of the key events of each month in 2019. Next is to go through my photo files picking out the best ones for the book. However when it rains my PC has a go slow which is a bit confusing as our Broadband signal is fibre almost to the house and all my files are stored on the hard drive not up in the cloud or anywhere else. I shall leave it for another day before happily browsing through photo files.
Good or at least hopeful news re my sewing machine. I'll need it once we move for altering/ making curtains and maybe some cushions and things. Having failed dismally to get it working with a generic foot pedal wired in I thought I'd best find somewhere that mends them. When I asked on FB somebody recommended a place in Bideford (10 miles away) so I went on-line to find their contact details. Imagine my surprise when another name popped up only a couple of streets away. I rang him this morning and he thought he knew what the problem was and would be able to fix it. He's an older gentleman who usually comes to the customer but he had a hip replacement a month ago so I popped my very heavy sewing machine in the car and drove it over to him. It would be such a relief to have the machine working again. I only need it for basic sewing so buying a new one would be wasteful. 
Speedy's latest mission is to gain entry to our bedroom. A couple of times he's pushed the door open and I've found him ensconced on the duvet. While we used to have the cats sleeping on the bed before the boys came along I then became a bit more concerned about germs and bedrooms were off limits. (Romas used to sneak them into his room when he was younger.) This morning I was awake early after a not very good sleep so along with a large mug of tea I made myself a slice of black rye bread with some apricot jam, (no butter 'cos I'm on a diet). These I took up to the bedroom and then went down to clear something up not noticing that the bedroom door was open. I let Speedy out of the kitchen so it was my own fault that he went into the bedroom. I wasn't happy when I found him munching on some of the bread and as I didn't know if he'd licked or trodden on the rest the whole lot had to go. I didn't bother to make another slice of bread as I just wanted to drink my tea. That saved a few calories. (I don't really count calories.)
Looking on-line to find possible causes for various symptoms, maybe not a good idea though I cross check everything with stuff published by the NHS or nih.gov, one cause that might have applied was low blood sugar in the mornings. That turned out not to be the case but it also said low blood sugar can trigger headaches. Eating a small amount of chocolate or bread and jam first thing does seem to have got rid of the headaches which I was getting every day. The only problem was my very low resistance and I ended up eating most all of the chocolate. So now Peter has charge of the packet of individual chocolate sticks and he gives me enough for each morning. He would hand over all if I asked but keeping the chocolate at arms length so to speak makes it easier to resist. 

No comments: