Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 March 2020

Damp.

It's been a grey day with rain beginning as I returned home from shopping which put paid to hanging out some washing and giving the decking a first coat of stain which is 'rain' ready in 2 hours.
Before I went off shopping I hoovered the house ready for tomorrow's viewing. I'm trying not to panic buy but I did stock up on chocolate at Lidl as I had those vouchers. All I'm doing re shopping is making sure that we have enough basics to cover the 14 day self isolation period. Of course there is always the option of on-line ordering from the major supermarkets. Right now they're saying that the peak of the virus will be in about 10 weeks. You never know we might actually be in Borth by then.
I bought a couple of trays of reduced primulas at B&Q along with some decking stain and a pack of cheery violas at BJ's which I popped in with the cyclamen in the basket. I couldn't fit all the primulas in the tub as there are perennials coming up in there as well. I took the rest to the back garden and somehow Speedy must have slipped out. It was only when I wondered where he was that I saw him sitting on the decking wailing at me to be let back in out of the cold and damp. 
Speedy will have a new cone tonight. The current one is grubby and frayed and with no end in sight yet a new one was needed. One leg is fully healed but the other got caught on something, possibly the plastic clips on the cone, and still needs to heal. I asked Peter to get a new cone when he last went out which he did but they only had the biggest and the smallest sizes. He bought the smallest size which was too small so I ordered one on-line to pick up in the shop and returned the smaller one today. While I ironed the washing dry Speedy had fun lying in the empty laundry basket batting a bottle top and some cat toys around. I bought him some crinkle balls today which he is enjoying. Because his line of sight is limited by the cone it helps having something that makes a noise.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Like the container that the pretty flowers are hanging in.