Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Sunny.


Bright and sunny again with cold winds. I took the opportunity to put one of my dressing gowns in the washing machine. Then followed a long brushing session as the dressing gown danced on the line. It was quite pleasant standing out there listening to the sounds of the birds, I even think I heard a woodpecker amidst the constant chatter of the local flock of jackdaws and cries of the seagulls. Eventually I did get fed up with the brushing and began to wish I'd bought the dressing gown I'd seen the other day. Even if I had I still would have washed the current dressing gown and brushed it out before passing it to the charity shop. If by any remote chance the sale dressing gown is still there the next time I go shopping I may treat myself. Doubt it though.
As an extra to the routine housework I washed the wooden dining toom floor which was looking a bit grubby.
This afternoon Peter's electrician friend came round and replaced the ceiling spotlights in the bathroom.
With not so much to do these days I've been spending more time playing my piano, headphones are a wonderful invention in that nobody has to listen to scales or my constant repetition of tricky passages. Not that I'm playing anything too hard, mainly Einaudi at the moment. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

So nice to see the pretty spring flowers. Looking forward to that happening here as well.