Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 March 2020

Sunny.

The good weather continues but the nip in the air suggests the forecasters are correct in saying things will go downhill from tomorrow.
On such a lovely day I found myself a couple of outside gardening jobs. In the back garden I cut back the ivy that was creeping through the trellis from the neighbour's fence. That done I headed out to the front garden, initially to poke in some garden sticks to support the emerging hardy geraniums. Naturally I was tempted to carry on and weed out some of the celandines that had taken over a patch of a little sedum. Happy as I was to be on my knees grubbing about in the dirt the state of my back is a reminder of the need for raised beds in our next garden.
C- News. Last night I joined in with a national 'Clap for our carers' event where at 8pm people went to their front doors (or windows as in my case) to clap or make some noise to show our appreciation of those who are putting their lives at risk to care for the rest of us. Sadly but not unexpectedly the death rate is increasing almost doubling to 181 today. We've had our first big set back with Red Roofs. Due to the window manufacturer closing for the duration nothing is going to happen with the bay/french doors or the front door until June at least. That is a blow.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear about the delay at the house.