Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 29 February 2020

Wintry Showers.

Very mixed weather today. One minute the sun was shinning in a blue sky, the next the skies would have darkened and we had rain, hail and even thunder.
Not tempted to do anything outside I did some extra sorting out in the kitchen. First was the cutlery drawer. Out came the plastic tray for a good scrub and I went through the cutlery putting spares aside for when we have visitors. When the family were at home there would be a number of occasions throughout the year when there would be ten or more people around the table so I kept sufficient cutlery and crockery for those numbers. Now we are more than adequately covered with four or five of each item and there are only four china mugs in the cupboard instead of the twenty we had at Dingles. That many only encouraged the leaving of empty mugs around the place so I reduced the number down to ten to make things more manageable. 
Cutlery drawer sorted my attention turned to the 'everything' drawer which contains small diy bits. 
After putting odd tools, screws and bolts back into the proper boxes in the big tool cupboard by the front door the drawer looks marginally better but it wasn't the transformation I'd been hoping for. I wonder what Marie Kondo would have made of it? Probably thrown everything away.
This morning the postman brought me my very own pulse meter. This is to record my real pulse rate during some very odd palpitations while I wait, another four weeks, for the 14 day run on the ECG from the hospital. Taking my pulse from my wrist showed a very normal heart rate but my doctor explained that might vary from what is actually happening. I found a paper published by nhs.gov which listed two affordable models which had less than 3% error rates and bought one of them. I had to laugh when I read 'Meanwhile, human body is not recommended in movement status.' in the instruction leaflet. I think that means 'keep still'.

1 comment:

happyone said...

More snow here for us.
Every kitchen needs one of those 'everything' drawers. I call it the junk drawer. :)