Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 February 2020

Wet.

Nope, we aren't back in Borth but I forgot to take my camera with me when I went out and haven't taken any photos today. I keep a copy of the view of the bay right in front of me propped up against my monitor to remind me what there is to look forward to.
Here it's been a grey and wet day. I had an appointment to see my GP later in the afternoon which put my pottering about routine out of kilter. I wanted to fit in some shopping and although it would have made sense to shop first and then go to the surgery I've no idea how long I would be at my various shopping stops and I dislike having to rush to meet a deadline. Instead I did my end of day exercises before I left. That was fine as I'd done the morning ones earlier than usual. I always take a notebook with observations and questions to ask the doctor. Appointment time is supposed to be only 10 minutes so it's best to be organised. There was a query over the number of one painkiller which somehow seemed to have been reduced but it got sorted straight away. The doctor agreed that I should increase the dose of the new pills as well and this time I made sure that I walked away with the paper prescriptions in my hand rather than go through the palaver that happened last time there was a change to my prescription. I also asked if I could have a pneumonia vaccination. I'd never heard of this until Peter came home from an annual review and mentioned he'd been offered one. It's offered to everyone over 65 and lasts for 5 years. I'm only 63 but as I had repeated bouts of bronchitis as a child and any cold I have goes to my chest I thought I might qualify. My doctor says she'll talk to the nurses who are dealing with the vaccinations and let me know. Peter has to go back for another BP check and is going to take up his vaccination. I mean who wouldn't?
After the doctor's I had 5 more places to visit; the garden centre for boxes and to check out the shiny things and look longingly at their spectacular but pricey orchids, H&M looking for another big grey fleece throw, not yet, Lidl's and Tesco's for food etc and finally the charity shop to drop off 2 bags of clothes. Unfortunately waiting for my prescriptions to be filled took so long that I was too late to drop off the clothes. Driving home through heavy rush hour traffic while the sun went down was an unpleasant reminder of my working days. Getting home just in time to put the bin out and then rushing to make some supper is not in line with my currently relaxed lifstyle.

No comments: