Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 February 2020

Wet.

Grey and very wet today. Not as cold as yesterday due to the south-westerly wind being warmed by the ocean. Even the little red dragon who spent so many years in our warm kitchen acting as a doorstop looks cold.
I haven't felt very energetic today but while Peter was out I baked a batch of chocolate and peanut butter cookies as the biscuit box was empty.  
I haven't forgotten about this sleeping dragon for our new porch but looking at the photo I think our porch roof won't be so steeply angled. However I've looked at the maker's site and they do the same dragon on a half-round base which might work. Fun details which I know are a long way off yet.
I also emailed the door company asking for some colour samples because looking at colours in their on-line brochure isn't quite the same. They do three shades of grey so I've asked for the two lighter ones as well as the red. I showed Peter more door options and we're now thinking it would be better to have the frame in the same colour rather than white though the inner side  remains white. After settling on the colour there's still the glass options. I'm not overwhelmed with the choices but now I'm thinking about having one-way mirror film on all the door glass. That way we'll get plenty of light in while I can see who's outside. There'll be long curtains to draw in the evenings when having the light on would let people see in. A lady I know has an amazing house with mirror film over her large bathroom windows wasn't too fazed when somebody told her they could see in at night. But then she lives in a country lane with very few people around.
This might be it, but in lighter grey or even red.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I like the door. I like red so that would be my choice. Our front door has three small windows eye level and a side window up just one side.

Unknown said...

This way my acquaintance Wesley Virgin's tale starts in this shocking and controversial video.

Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he unveiled hidden, "self mind control" secrets that the CIA and others used to obtain whatever they want.

These are the EXACT same SECRETS tons of celebrities (especially those who "became famous out of nothing") and top business people used to become wealthy and famous.

You probably know how you use less than 10% of your brain.

Really, that's because most of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

Maybe this expression has even occurred INSIDE your very own mind... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's mind around 7 years back, while driving an unlicensed, garbage bucket of a vehicle with a suspended license and on his bank card.

"I'm very fed up with living check to check! When will I get my big break?"

You took part in those thoughts, isn't it right?

Your success story is going to happen. All you need is to believe in YOURSELF.

Watch Wesley Virgin's Video Now!