Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 February 2020

Sunny.

Another bright and sunny day. The countrywide weather warning for the weekend has been upgraded to 'danger to life' from being hit by flying or falling objects. We'll have to hope that there isn't any damage to Red Roofs though of course the shed in the back garden falling down would be a good thing.
I had to go into town today to collect our prescriptions. Peter dropped me off on the way in and we were able to meet up so I didn't have the long slog back up the hill. There was the usual fun and games at the pharmacy, all of Peter's medicines were ready but only half of mine. This I was told after my second spell of queueing up as initially I'd been told it would be ready in 10 minutes. Luckily Peter has to go into town tomorrow so he'll go and collect the missing items. Or at least try.
I had my usual spin around the charity shops and came home with this bag of bracelets. I was a little disappointed when I looked at them at home. Depending on how the light hits them the beads either look like luscious marbles or boring round plastic beads. I'm still thinking the blue and green ones will look good hanging in a window.
While I was in town I dropped off a warm and waterproof work coat at the library. They have a coat rail where you can donate coats or jackets and hats, scarves and gloves and anyone who needs can help themselves. Our library has changed an awful lot in the last few years. The money councils get from the government has been cut by 60% in the last 10 years meaning that spending on 'frivolities' like libraries is at a minimum. Our library is now a charity and runs all sorts of interesting events from the Fab Lab where you can use a 3-d printer and laser cutters to make things, knitting and crochet group, IT support to pamper sessions and games afternoons.
 Tonight's pretty sunset.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a shame there is no money for libraries!!