Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 February 2020

Windy.

A bright and very windy day today. Perfect for drying washing. Along with the bedding were the tray cloths and serviettes used by my mother to line the shelves of the wooden cupboard. Some of them were linen and lovely to iron coming up so fresh and crisp.
One of my jobs today was to begin to check if there was anything packed in the loft that could be given away. My thoughts first turned to the curtains, some of them padded and lined but looking at my notebook which details everything I didn't see any that could go. Especially considering my plan to have two layers of curtains using the padded curtains as insulation. Instead I had a look through some of the shallow plastic storage boxes of clothes. Not a lot of joy with that as I'd been fairly ruthless before the last move. I did find one casualty, a heavy ribbed wool jumper of Peter's had been seriously munched by clothes moths. Being in a sealed box they couldn't get anywhere but had eaten enormous holes in the jumper. Nothing to do except bag up the jumper ready to take to the textile recycling bin. I can definitely say that clothes moths do not eat fleece as the fleeces in the box were untouched. I cleaned out the box before spraying and did an extra spray in that corner of the loft.
My insect killing spree continued as I rid the orchids of woolly aphids. This time I took the orchids outside, sprayed and then removed every trace of aphid with insecticide soaked cotton buds. The white tubs were sprayed too and I found more of the aphids hiding inside the spring clips, ha not any more. I also sprayed around and inside the wooden box the orchids sit on. The label says to spray again in two weeks so I'll follow the instructions as I don't want to be bringing aphids to Borth.
I realised that the cyclamen I bought at the garden centre are indoor plants. Not a problem as I'd left them in their pots. They're now in the conservatory and will go outside when we have viewers. We had feedback from the estate agents, all positive but they would like a drive. The estate agent also said they've had more viewings in the last few weeks that in the previous six months.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love to see clothes blowing in the breeze on the line.