Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Cold.

Even brighter today and very cold. The winds have changed direction and have been blowing directly at the house. The forecast is for more wind and possibly another storm this weekend.
This morning we had another viewing. A young man came along with his dad to look at the place. He hasn't got a family so I don't think he'd be after the bigger house 4 doors down. The visit went well but people generally tend to be quite positive on a visit. We shall see.
While Peter went off to the surgery to have his ear syringed, perhaps he'll stop telling me I'm mumbling, I made chocolate truffles for Vytas' birthday. This time I added ground almonds soaked in Bailey's and topped them with pecans. I used the blanched almonds left over from Christmas to make nut clusters sprinkled with sugar decorations to use up the remaining melted chocolate. Only using a small amount of chocolate doesn't make it practical to temper the chocolate to get it nice and shiny. Having packed them up there are a couple of the truffles left over and a few of the nut clusters. Oh well, I'll just have to eat them.
I'm currently knitting yet another pair of mittens, for me this time. I'm using some black alpaca wool that I bought in a charity shop. It's lovely and soft but has a tendency to slip off the needles. I've changed the pattern slightly by adding ribbed cuffs and maybe a ribbed edge at the top too.
Had to take a few photos of tonight's sunset.

No comments: