Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 February 2020

Grey.

It's been a cold grey day today. No rain or strong winds but looking higher up the clouds are moving quickly in the southerly wind.  Last night's full moon lit up this cloudy procession too.
Recently I'd noticed a musty smell in Peter's study and thought it was due to the window never being opened. However today I thought to move a few things and there was a mouldy patch on the side wall. Not good for selling the place. However a bottle of bleach and water spray, kitchen roll and cotton buds along with a lot of hard work got the worst of the staining removed. The cotton buds were needed to clean every crevasse of the textured wallpaper. I suspect that there is still some more mould lurking behind a small bookcase also against that wall. That I can deal with once Peter packs the books away.  

I also finished off the second of the mittens I've been knitting. The fiddliest bit was knitting the thumb with 17 stitches on three needles especially hard when a cat decides to sit on your lap. They are quite large to fit Vytas' hands.  

No comments: