Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 February 2020

Grey.

Windy again today but instead of bright blue skies we had often wet grey ones.
While washing up I realised I had missed out the kitchen orchid from yesterday's 'treatment' so that got taken outside and sprayed. I haven't done much more out of the usual routine apart from run a couple of dishwasher tablets through the washing machine. (No dishwasher but the tablets are great for soaking burnt saucepans and baking trays - yes that does happen every once in a while.) Then I decided to clean out the washing machine filter. That involved remembering where to insert a screwdriver to prise off the main cover. The filter itself wasn't too bad, when the boys were young I used to find things like Lego pieces or screws caught in the filter, but it was still satisfying to give it a thorough clean. I noticed that there are some rusty spots at the bottom of the washing machine, probably from the damp at Dingles. Once I'd cleaned and then mopped up the small amount of water that came out when I took the filter out I put the old towel I'd used back in the washing machine. I've also found a few more items to go to the charity shop. A bit more knitting got done and then it was time for the next round of exercises.

No comments: